A downloadable game for macOS and Linux
PX8 is an open source fantasy console (128x128 pixels) in Rust, where the cartridge code could be in Python or Lua.
It is still in development but the main features are:
- 128x128 pixels, 16 colours
- Python 3 / Lua 5.X support for the cartridge
- Controls with dpad + 2 buttons (gamecontroller/joystick support)
- No limit size in the code !
- Unlimited sprites (8x8)
- Map support (128x32)
- Edition of the cartridge data
- PX8 format to use your favorite code editor
- Screenshot (PNG) / Video recording (GIF)
- Pico-8 (P8/P8.PNG) cartridge format support
- Mainly run @60 FPS
More documentation and source code could be found on Github.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2.00 USD. You will get access to the following files: