PX8 Fantasy Console
A downloadable Fantasy Console for Windows, macOS, and Linux
PX8 is an Open Source Fantasy Console (128x128 pixels default resolution) in Rust, by using a cartridge that contains the code/gfx/music. The code could be in Python or Lua, or you could create directly everything in pure Rust by using it as a library.
- 128x128 pixels default resolution (the resolution can be changed dynamically)
- Predefined 16 colour palettes (pico-8, c64, etc)
- Python 3 / Lua 5.3 support for the cartridge without tokens limit
- Desktop/Mobile/Browser (Emscripten) support
- Controls with dpad + 2 buttons (gamecontroller/joystick support)
- Unlimited 8x8 sprites
- Map 128x32 8-bit cels
- Editor for the sprite / map
- PX8 format to be able to use your favorite code editor for Python/Lua/Rust
- Mutliple fonts support (pico-8, bbc, cbmII, appleII)
- Audio support with an integrated chiptune
- Change the screen definition dynamically and the aspect ratio
- Screenshot (PNG) / Video recording (GIF)
- Pico-8 compatibility + cartridge (P8/P8.PNG) format support
All build (Windows/Linux/Raspberry Pi/OSX) are now free ! But please consider to support this project !
More documentation and source code of the project is located on Github.
Please post any bugs or problem here.
Click download now to get access to the following files: