PX8 Fantasy Console
A downloadable Fantasy Console for Windows, macOS, and Linux
PX8 is an Open Source Fantasy Console (128x128 pixels default resolution) in Rust, by using a cartridge that contains the code/gfx/music. The code could be in Python/Lua, or you could create directly everything in pure Rust by using it as a library.
- 128x128 pixels default resolution
- Predefined 16 colour palettes (pico-8, c64, etc)
- Python 3 / Lua 5.3 support for the cartridge without tokens limit
- Desktop/Mobile/Browser (Emscripten) support
- Controls with dpad + 2 buttons (gamecontroller/joystick support)
- Unlimited 8x8 sprites
- Map 128x32 8-bit cels
- Editor for the sprite / map
- PX8 format to be able to use your favorite code editor for Python/Lua/Rust
- Mutliple fonts support (pico-8, bbc, cbmII, appleII)
- Change the screen definition dynamically and the aspect ratio
- Screenshot (PNG) / Video recording (GIF)
- Pico-8 compatibility + cartridge (P8/P8.PNG) format support
More documentation and source code could be found on Github.
Please post any bugs here.
In order to download this Fantasy Console you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1.00 USD. You will get access to the following files: